Friday 13 March 2015

Changes to the Script

Due to some filming issues, I've had to rewrite the script to some extent. The segment I had to rewrite is the first scene involving Emily and Thomas as children.
When rereading my script, I decided that the first scene was possibly the weakest. For this reason, I decided to write the scene as Rebecca Graham and David Connelly meeting for the first time. Emily (Rebecca) is dancing in the school theatre, and Thomas (David) accidentally stumbles across her whilst trying to find a place to practice. Emily strikes up a conversation, connoting her confidence, and Thomas shyly replies. By the end of the scene, Thomas and Emily move into a starting dance position which leads into the second scene where the two are in a dace competition.
 
I have filmed this scene and I am much happier with this alteration is it felt much more doable compared to my first idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment