Tuesday 23 September 2014

Casting Ideas

For my short film, I need a fairly large cast to play two characters. I need three males and females to play the different stages in the character's lives.
I also need a dance teacher, and preferably a group of other male and female dancers to enhance the realism during the competition sequences.


Childhood years
 
I am currently looking into casting two year sevens for the childhood sequence. I will have to choose a male and female that look younger than they actually are in order to follow my plan.
I already have a male in mind. Hopefully, he agrees to take part otherwise I will struggle to find a male due to the lack of male dancers. I don't currently have a female in mind, however, I feel that it will be much easier to cast the female role.
 
For the childhood scene, I also need to cast a dance teacher. I would like to ask the official school dance teacher, however if she declines, I still should be able to cast somebody of a similar standard.
 
Teenage and Adult Years
 
In most cases, once you've hit the teenage years of your life, that's how you'll most likely look for the rest of your life. For this reason, I am going to cast a male and female for both the teenage and adult scenes of the film.
I have already cast my male actor, David Connelly. David has a passion for performing arts and I know that I can rely on him to provide a strong performance for the film.
I have also cast my female actress, Jordan Scott. Jordan also holds a strong passion for the arts; dance in particular. I can trust Jordan to bring my character to life successfully and passionately.
 
For the teenage years, I would also like to cast some other teenagers as background dancers. The idea of this scene is that it is a dance competition that they lose. So, not only will I need other groups of two to dance, but I will also need one of the pairings to feature on camera for a slightly longer period of time to appear as the winners of the competition.
To go alongside both the adult and teenage competition scenes, I need a judge (who might not even appear on camera) who will call out that they are the winners. I may ask them to hand over a trophy to the two winners in the adult scene.
 
Elderly Years
 
I have not yet cast this scene. I know that casting the two elderly characters will quite possibly be the hardest, due to the lack of willing males and females. I have intentions of asking my great grandmother and her partner, as I feel that they may be the most willing to act.
 
I will not need any extras for this scene as it will only consist of the two leading characters.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment