Monday 18 November 2013

Media Publishing Companies (1)

I currently looking into media publishing companies.
I decided to look into who publishes the indie rock magazine, NME.

The publisher of NME is IPC.
IPC is known as the UK's leading consumer magazine and digital publisher, conoting that IPC is an extremely successful publishing company, and to have a successful magazine such as NME must mean that together, they gain a high profit.
A company such as IPC could offer me several factors. Firstly, they work with a wide amount of magazines, from "Soaplife" to "Good Recipies", showing that they're an adaptable company who would accept many magazine genres and would most likely consider any possibility. They also state that they can add a creative aspect on to a magazine during publishing, which would be perfect in order to attract an audience and readers. IPC also separates off into smaller segments, includign the IPC Lifestyle section, which includes NME. The fact that they publish NME, my style model and extremely similar to my magazine, reflects that they would be extremely beneficial towards my magazine.
My magazine could bring them even more viewers who show interest in the indie and rock lifestyle. This would also bring in readers towards NME, due to the discovery of NME from my magazine and the same vice versa. My magazine could also bring in profit for their company, as another magazine means a larger potential profit.

I feel that IPC Media would be an extremely appropriate publisher for my indie rock magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment